Reports have indicated that over 63 million Americans have access to unsafe water. In the past, most viewed the idea of filtering tap water as a luxury but with the turn of events, it’s now considered as a must-have in every home. Due to the alarming rates of contaminants from underground pollution and factories, whole house water filtration system pros are necessary. Read on as we dive into the benefits of water filtration systems.
Since there are higher amounts of environmental, chemical, and biological contaminants in the water supply, it becomes very important to invest in a filtration system so that the water can be cleaner. When water travels from the source to your home, the following get mixed in:
* Biological – Unlike others, these a disease-causing pathogens. Some of the most common are norovirus, Giardia, and the infamous E. coli.
* Inorganic and Organic Chemicals – These range from anything between lead, nitrates, glyphosate, arsenic, tetrachloroethylene, and trichloroethylene. All of these are so harmful that they can cause illness leading to cancer. In addition, radiation and heavy metal poisoning are also a huge concern within rural areas.
* Hard Water – While this isn’t as serious as those mentioned before, hard water deposit tends to affect the pressure coming through your taps. If you’ve got hard water, you’ll notice that limescale is building up on your shower surfaces and ruining your showerheads.
When it comes to the main benefits that can come from a filtration system, the main one is your family’s health. The system detects and sifts through the high levels of contaminants in the water supply. While chlorine is commonly added as a controlled chemical, more than often enough too much is added. If you didn’t already know, chlorine is responsible for causing excessive dry skin.
Hence the filtration system will reduce chlorine contamination in the home. This is a huge advantage since it also reduces the allergies attached. Additionally, these systems can easily remove over 30 harmful chemicals from entering your main water supply. While some systems can cost a lot, they last for up to 10 years and the benefits are more than worth it.
When it comes to choosing the best system, there are a couple of things that must be considered. Since undesirable contaminants can be found in any of the city’s water supply, it is up to the homeowner to purchase a system. However, the first step is knowing what contaminates your water. When you know the source of your contamination, it becomes easier to choose a filtration system.
Additionally, homeowners will also need to consider the following for systems:
* The point of entry – This means assessing the volume and the time it takes for water to flow into the system
* The system efficiency for foreign contaminants – Some systems are more expensive to acquire and maintain over time. However, when purchasing a system, it’s best to ensure that they are FDA or NSF certified. These certifications ensure that buyers know that their water is being filtered by running the appropriate tests.
As we conclude we have just looked at the benefits of whole house water filtration system pros. These are essential for keeping your family safe and free from illness. So if you live in an area where there is water contamination, investing in a filtration system is essential.