Some people spend tons of money to attend a gym and get the body of their dreams. Others buy expensive equipment to perform exercises at home. That’s why many people think that weight loss is something unachievable. However, everything is much easier than it seems. By walking properly on a regular basis you can get the same results as by working out at the gym. Stick to this effective walking plan and slim down.
The health benefits of walking
- Protects your brain. It is proved that by walking for only two hours per week, you can reduce your risk of stroke by 30%.
- Strengthens your bones. Physical activities like bicycling and walking were proven to reduce the risk of hip fractures. It means that walking will help you to keep your mobility when you get older.
- Helps to lose weight. According to the research, people who practice brisk walks on a regular basis, are slimmer than those who practice other sports like running and swimming. Moreover, walking lowers your blood sugar levels, in this way preventing development of diabetes.
So, as you can see, walking is beneficial for your health and can prevent a number of diseases. However, if you want to lose weight and tone your body, you should stick to a walking plan and combine it with a well-balanced dietary plan.
The walking plan to lose weight
If you don’t have enough time for long walks, you can break them in parts. You can also interchange the days it is more comfortable for you.
- Day 1: Perform a long 60-minute brisk walk.
- Day 2: You can have a walk if you wish, but this is a rest day.
- Day 3: Perform a short workout with only 30-minute brisk walking. If you want, you may also have a strength training.
- Day 4: Perform short 30-minute brisk walking
- Day 5: Perform long 60-minute brisk walking
- Day 6: Perform short 30-minute brisk walking with plus strength training
- Day 7: This is a long easy walking day with 30-minute brisk walking, then 30 to 90 more minutes at an easy pace
In conclusion, the walking plan is a perfect way to lose weight. You need no equipment and don’t have to spend money for a gym pass. In combination with a healthy diet you can get a slim and toned body in a short period of time. However, remember that before starting new workout and dietary plans it is critical to consult a health professional. Your health is your number one priority.
This article is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional advice or help and should not be relied on to make decisions of any kind. You should consult with a licensed physician for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Any action you take upon the information presented in this article is strictly at your own risk and responsibility!