A security screen door is the type of door, the purpose of which is to keep intruders out. Usually, most security screen doors feature a special stainless steel mesh system that is designed for security purposes. This system helps prevent forced entry and provides proper ventilation at the same time.
What Is The Strongest Security Door?
The company Steel Advantage produces high-strength, secure doors, and some of the strongest features of their strongest security door include:
- They are strong, durable, and weather-resistant
- They provide a barrier that can withstand break-in attempts without compromising proper ventilation and great views.
- They are engineered with advanced features that can enhance the security of the doors and windows.
- They prevent burglary and other unwanted intruders.
What Makes a Good Security Screen Door?
There are many security screen doors out there with various features and designs, and it may be hard to find the best one. Here is a list of things to look for in a security door:
- A sturdy frame. The frame of your security door should be sturdy and durable. Most high-quality security screen doors are made of aluminum – an affordable metal that is easy to integrate.
- Mesh screens that do not break. Mesh is very important because it is used for several purposes. The first and the most important function of mesh is to be a barrier for burglars. The second important function is to serve as a fiberglass mosquito net.
- Protective locks. A good security door should have more than one type of lock. Ideally, a high-quality security door should have a mix of locks with one that is accessible from the inside only.
- The door is built to fit. A security door should be fitted correctly without any gaps, otherwise, the door is useless and does not provide proper protection.
Are Screen Doors Good for Security?
Security screen doors are good for securing a home because they are durable, strong, weather, and rust-resistant. The best security doors are stainless-steel and powder coated. Here is a list of your options to choose from if you are shopping for a security door:
Stainless Steel Mesh Security Door
Stainless steel mesh security doors are a perfect choice for those who want the combination of security, safety, and the fresh airflow that every home needs. If you decided to get a mesh security door, make sure to pick the door with the following features:
- A multipoint locking system
- High-quality stainless-steel mesh that prevents a forced entry
- A strong and durable aluminum frame
Aluminum Framed Security Door
Aluminum is a high-quality material that is used in top-of-the-line security doors. It is much stronger than regular steel and can remain rust-free forever. Most aluminum security doors offer an insect-tight fit, meaning that pests cannot get into the house.
Custom Decorative Security Doors
If you are looking for a quality and a durable security door that also looks good, attractive, and fits any architectural style, then a decorative security door is your best choice. These security doors are designed to enhance the home’s functionality, beauty, and security.
How To Choose The Right Security Screen Door?
Your choice of a security door depends on your individual needs and preferences. For example, if you live in a dangerous neighborhood with a high percentage of break-ins, then you should consider getting a stainless-steel mesh security door that will provide you with the highest level of security.
Taking into account your budget is also important. It is important not to make sacrifices on the quality of the security door and not to overspend at the same time. If you pick a very cheap security screen door, it will not serve you too long and will start showing wear and tear very soon.
What is the Difference Between a Security Door and a Screen Door?
Screen doors are exactly as their name says: doors with a screen. Usually, they have a wooden frame with few components. Screen doors provide protection from bugs and pests while letting in air. Security doors are doors with enhanced security, and most of them feature a locking or latching handle set.
Both screen and security doors provide protection, but the level of protection is obviously different.
Steel Advantage – High-quality Security Screen Doors In Phoenix, AZ
Are you looking for security screen doors in Phoenix, AZ, or any other nearby area? Then, you should check out Steel Advantage – a company that has been manufacturing and installing security screen doors since 2000. We specialize in all types of security screen doors and other products for your home, including security gates, window guards, steel enclosures, laser security doors, and others.