Whether streaming professionally or for fun, you will need the right microphone to get the job done. Kindly note that using the correct streaming microphone can improve your sound quality. While it might be tempting to use any microphone, if you choose the wrong mic, your sound quality won’t sound as good as when you use a dedicated streaming microphone.
So, which streaming microphone should you choose? This post will discuss the best streaming microphone and the tips for choosing the best streaming microphone. Please read on for more information.
The best microphone for streaming
While you can use any microphone for streaming, condenser microphones are usually the best. This is because they have a high-frequency range, in addition to their quality sound.
Why use a condenser microphone for streaming?
- Crystal clear sound – condenser microphones are known for capturing high-quality sound. This makes these mics perfect for streaming as they ensure that your audience hears every word and note with clarity.
- Versatility – unlike dynamic microphones, which are best suited for vocals, a condenser microphone can be used for various applications. This makes it a versatile option for those who want to use one microphone for multiple purposes. You can use a condenser microphone to play a recorded or live sound when streaming.
- Low noise level – condenser microphones are known for their low noise levels, ideal for streaming as they ensure that your audience does not hear any background noise.
- Compact size – condenser microphones are typically smaller in size than dynamic microphones, making them an excellent option for those who want a compact microphone—this is something you will be looking for when streaming.
- Wide frequency range – condenser microphones typically have a wider frequency range than dynamic microphones, which means they can capture a wider range of sounds. This is ideal for streaming as it ensures that your audience hears every note and sound with clarity.
With that said, here are a few considerations to make before choosing your microphone.
The one factor that should guide you is whether your streaming need requires playback or live streaming. That is, whether you need a recording or an input device that allows you to capture sound from the outside world and broadcast it.
A USB mic will be perfectly fine if you mostly plan to play music from pre-recorded sources. However, if you want to do live broadcasting of events, such as gaming or sports, then a USB microphone will not be able to do justice to your needs.
At this point, the best way to ensure crystal clear sound while streaming is through an XLR microphone. This microphone plugs directly into your sound mixing board and does not require any additional cables to work.
Moreover, suppose you want to go fully professional. In that case, an XLR microphone also offers the best streaming experience as it has volume control and gain control features and a headphone jack for zero-latency monitoring.
Lav vs. stereo condenser – which is the best one?
Lav condenser mics are a popular choice among streamers because they make their lives easier. There’s no need for any additional gear since it directly connects with your console or PC via an audio jack, making it truly plug & play. All you have to do is clip the receiver onto your clothing, connect it with your device, and you are ready to go. However, if you are looking for a more directional microphone, then a studio or unidirectional condenser mic might be a better choice.
How to choose a streaming microphone?
Now that you know the different types of microphones available for streaming, how do you choose the best one for your needs? Here are a few tips to help you make the right decision:
Consider your budget
It is essential to set a budget before you start shopping for a streaming microphone. This will help to narrow down your options and make it easier to find something that meets your needs without breaking the bank.
Decide on your use case
As mentioned earlier, it is essential to consider what type of streaming you will be doing before purchasing your mic. This will help you determine which type of microphone is best suited for your needs.
Do your research
Once you have an idea of the type of microphone you need, it is essential to do your research and read reviews before purchasing your preferred microphone for streaming. This will help you find the best product for your needs and avoid any potential headaches down the road.
Consider the extras
When looking for a streaming microphone, don’t forget to consider the extras like the DPA Condenser Microphones features that come with the product. For example, many microphones come with a stand, cables, and a case. Make sure to factor these into your decision-making process to ensure you get the most value for your money.
Get advice from professionals
If you are still unsure about which microphone to choose, don’t hesitate to reach out for advice. There are plenty of experts online that can offer you support. Ask them your questions, and they should be more than happy to help.
The microphone you choose for streaming can make or break your streaming session. Therefore, you should make sure that you select a quality microphone, depending on your intended use. By following this guide, you can be assured of choosing a quality microphone for your streaming sessions.