Career Opportunities For Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert is a certification offered under the Microsoft Azure certification track. It is an expert level certification and requires any of the following two associate-level certifications as a prerequisite;
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
In addition to the associate certification prerequisite, the candidate is required to pass the exam AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions to earn this certification.
A compound of development (Dev) and operations (Ops), DevOps is the union of people, process, and technology to continually provide value to customers.
What does DevOps mean for teams? DevOps enables formerly siloed roles—development, IT operations, quality engineering, and security—to coordinate and collaborate to produce better, more reliable products. By adopting a DevOps culture along with DevOps practices and tools, teams gain the ability to better respond to customer needs, increase confidence in the applications they build and achieve business goals faster.
The benefits of DevOps
Teams that adopt DevOps culture, practices, and tools become high-performing, building better products faster for greater customer satisfaction. This improved collaboration and productivity are also integral to achieving business goals like these:
- Accelerating time to market
- Adapting to the market and competition
- Maintaining system stability and reliability
- Improving the meantime to recovery
Job Roles For Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
A professional possessing the Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert certification is considered to be at an advanced level of the career. Job roles offered to them can be;
- DevOps engineer
- DevOps specialist
- Automation Engineer
- Integration Specialist
- Release Manager
- DevOps Architect
- System Engineer
- Security engineer
Azure DevOps Engineer – Job Description
The typical job description of an Azure DevOps Engineer can be;
- Writing software for scaling the delivery of system automation and automated deployments.
- Leveraging continuous deployment practices for enhancing the agile posture of a business.
- Imagining, architecting, developing, deploying, and evolving CI and CD systems for emerging data analytics platforms on the cloud.
- Participation in the design and implementation of new system layers through the first-principles understanding of computing environments with higher complexity.
- Working with developers for identifying necessary Azure resources and automation of provisioning.
- Developing and documentation of the disaster recovery plan.
- Working in collaboration with crucial stakeholders for capturing, analysis, and identification of DevOps requirements.
Azure DevOps Engineer – Salary
The average salary of an Azure DevOps engineer can range from USD 125,000 to USD 185,000 depending upon the experience level and job nature. A mid-range DevOps Engineer can earn up to USD 145,000.
Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
Candidates for the DevOps Engineer Expert certification should have subject matter expertise working with people, processes, and technologies to continuously deliver business value.
Responsibilities for this role include designing and implementing strategies for collaboration, code, infrastructure, source control, security, compliance, continuous integration, testing, delivery, monitoring, and feedback.
A candidate for this certification must be familiar with both Azure administration and development and must be an expert in at least one of these areas.
Job role: DevOps Engineer
Prerequisites: 2 certifications
Required exams: AZ-400
- Develop an instrumentation strategy
- Develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy
- Develop a security and compliance plan
- Manage source control
- Facilitate communication and collaboration
- Define and implement continuous integration
- Define and implement a continuous delivery and release management strategy
Exam AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: develop an instrumentation strategy; develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy; develop a security and compliance plan; manage source control; facilitate communication and collaboration; define and implement continuous integration; and define and implement a continuous delivery and release management strategy.
- Develop an instrumentation strategy (5-10%)
- Develop a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy (5-10%)
- Develop a security and compliance plan (10-15%)
- Manage source control (10-15%)
- Facilitate communication and collaboration (10-15%)
- Define and implement continuous integration (20-25%)
- Define and implement a continuous delivery and release management strategy (10-15%)
Preparing For AZ-400 Exam
Certification exam preparation has got certain requirements from a candidate. At the personal level, a candidate needs to be passionate, persistent, dedicated, and hardworking. At the strategy level, a good plan is a must for success. In the arsenal, you need the right training material. If all of the above factors combine, sure success is waiting for you. The most critical decision in the exam preparation is to choose the right training material. You have the exam objectives and course line and you can choose the training material accordingly. The right study material needs to be focused, object-oriented, and affordable. Microsoft provides instructor-led training for the exam AZ-400, but it is expensive and not affordable for most of the candidates. Besides Microsoft’s official training program, several other vendors offer training for the exam AZ-400 at a lower and affordable value. Marks4Sure is a known name for certification training material. Marks4Sure offers training material backed by a money-back guarantee. Carefully compiled braindumps PDF by Marks4Sure are very popular among the candidates for different certifications. Marks4Sure provides PDF + Testing Engine for sure success in the exam: AZ-400. Practice tests help you a lot in evaluating your preparation for the exam. Right training material facilitates you on the path of success whereas wrong material can make your journey, longer and harder. You are advised to choose the training material which is focused and according to the guidelines and objective defined by the Certification provider.
DevOps is one of the revolutionary change in the history of application development. This Innovative methodology has brought exciting new changes in the IT industry. The industry’s overwhelming acknowledgment and adoption have created an enormous demand for DevOps Engineers. With Microsoft Azure being the most sought-after platform in the enterprise market, Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineers are very much in-demand. The Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert is a great certification to be recognized by the industry for high-end jobs. This prestigious certification brings a lot of new skills and opportunities.