The learning process in secondary schools consists of a dynamic contact between a teacher and a student, and it is through this connection that the responsibilities of teaching, elevating, and overall developing of students are carried out. The utilization of specialized information technologies during the process of perceiving instructional content has a detrimental effect on the efficiency of the educational process, as not only students can use it for educational purposes, but also to pay for assignment.
WHAT IS INFORMATIONAL TECHNOLOGY?
When we talk about “information technology,” we’re referring to the practice of utilizing a wide variety of methods and tools for the purposes of data collection, processing, storage, and transmission to produce more recent, higher-quality data on the current status of an item, process, or event. Because more and more people are using various forms of digital technology, instructional content has had to adapt.
HOW INFORMATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPED?
Let’s take a deeper look at the stages of development in the field of information technology:
1. The development of writing marked the beginning of the “manual” stage of human progress.
Examples of data recording technologies that were utilized during this period include engravings made into rocks, hieroglyphics written on clay tablets, and alphabet symbols written on parchment or paper. A brush, a quill, and a stylus were all instruments that were utilized during the procedure. At the moment, data is written into the data carrier one bit at a time by hand.
2. The printing of books using a mechanical press was the first step.
Booklets and the initial printing on sheets are the types of data storage forms utilized at this time. The printing press was the most important instrument. Markings made on the medium by a printing press are used to record the data.
3. First, there came the development of the telegraph. After that came the invention of the telephone, and last but not least, there was the radio.
This stage’s data recording typically consists of the following processes: data entry into the receiver, signal transmission across a considerable distance, and message restoration in the receiver. You will require a variety of tools, including but not limited to a telegraph machine, a telephone, a radio receiver, and a radio transmitter. The method that is employed to capture data is fixation through the employment of receiver recording devices.
4. The electronic calculator is often credited with being the invention that kicked off the computer age.
Data may be stored in a variety of ways, some examples of which are magnetic recording on a disc or tape and laser recording on a CD. The essential tools include a computer and all of the software that goes along with it. One can choose to store their data using either magnetic or laser media. Information technologies that are considered to be “computer stage” are now being utilized in the classroom settings of secondary schools.
FEATURES OF USING IT IN SCHOOL
When it comes to incorporating cutting-edge technology into the educational program of a comprehensive school, there are a lot of important factors to take into account. These studies center on mental processes that include perception, attention, and memory as their primary foci of investigation. The vast majority of them are centered on the most significant channels via which individuals take in knowledge (visual, audio, and kinetic).
1. Sound channel. Speech, music, organized periodic and one-time signals, characteristic noises, and random noises are the primary categories of sounds that people hear. Other types of sounds that humans hear include random noises and characteristic noises. Language is the type of sound that plays the most significant function among these other sorts of sounds, and it is also the type of sound that should occupy the most significant place in the organization of the use of information technologies in the instructional process.
Humans place noises second. Without noise, people are less active and dissatisfied, according to studies. Educational noise is needed. Humans have long valued music. Music boosts youngsters’ performance by 20%. March, waltz, tango, and shaking fans are the four main types.
Brain rhythms are beneficial. Teach at least four tunes. Phone calls, alerts, beeps, encouraging-pleasant or command-unpleasant noises distract, mobilize, inform, and are seldom neutral. Such signals can supplement the sound actions of students.
2. Kinetic channel. With the current information technologies that are being utilized in the instructional process, the employment of the aesthetic channel can only take place within the confines of a very specific framework. It is important to note, however, that the implementation of this channel is not limited in any way to the use of keyboard interaction alone:
- when learning languages, using a microphone;
- when studying humanitarian issues, graphic tablets or musical keyboards;
- when studying technology, as well as physics, chemistry, and other biological sciences;
- when conducting computer-aided research on physics, chemistry, and other biological sciences, using measuring laboratories; etc.
In the examples provided, computer technology is utilized in a physical link with other external equipment as opposed to an organizational relationship. In addition, students have the option of using a computer to operate these external devices in addition to carrying out duties with their hands.
3. Visual channel. The following is a condensed list of the features that distinguish human visual perception from those of other animals: As a consequence of this, the item is initially analyzed by performing a great deal of head and eye movement. After the matter has been looked into, people’s interest in it begins to wane. A person will only respond to modifications that are made to the item or the thing in the future. On the other hand, responses are more robust in reaction to moving items as opposed to stationary ones. Objects that are approaching or retreating provoke a stronger reaction than ones that are just moving.
As a consequence of this, when students are developing their own courses, they should concentrate on methods that make use of moving objects, such as those that approach or recede, next those that pass by the eye, and finally, those that develop over the course of time.
The use of a wide range of educational information technology and technological instruments is extremely important for teachers working in comprehensive schools.
Educational information technologies based on modern Internet technologies
Libraries that can be accessed by computer are called digital libraries. Access to electronic information resources is a significant obstacle for educational institutions in the current day. The establishment of digital libraries is one of the most time- and labor-saving approaches that can be taken to solve this matter.
Data transmission networks may be found all over the world, and they can be utilized to gain access to the numerous collections of electronic items that are housed within electronic libraries, which are distributed categorized information systems. With the advent of digital libraries, there has been a progression in the evolution of traditional or conventional libraries, which led to the establishment of electronic libraries.
Webinars. Online education is becoming increasingly important to the people living in our country. As a result of advances in information and communication technology, individuals are now able to do research or take part in conferences without having to leave the convenience of their own homes. This is made possible by technology known as webinars.
Webinars are a type of seminar or conference that is carried out virtually (remotely) through the Internet utilizing the appropriate technical tools. In addition to the usage of webinar software, you will also require a microphone, headphones, and a webcam to participate in a webinar.