One may find themself confused due to the endless options for weight loss diet plans available these days. Adopting a ketogenic diet can be the ideal way to lose weight. All thanks to the buzz regarding the keto diet.
A ketogenic diet can do wonders for you if you have diabetes or you want to lose those extra pounds. The diet promises effective loss in weight because of the low-carb and fat-rich meal plan.
The Keto diet was an effective way to help control diabetes in the 19th century. This diet has been effective for polycystic ovary syndrome, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.
The diet powers your body into a fat-burning machine, boosting your energy levels and promotes weight loss. It involves dramatical reduction of carbohydrate consumption and substitutes fat instead.
How does a Ketogenic diet promote weight loss?
- Increases insulin sensitivity: Ketogenic diet is quite helpful in improving sensitivity towards insulin. It in return helps to promote metabolism and fuel utilization.
- Reduced-Fat Storage: This incredible diet has helped control the process of converting sugar into fat i.e. lipogenesis. The reason behind this is that excess carbohydrates are being stored as fat. When the intake of carbohydrates is limited, fat is burned to produce energy.
- Gives a feeling of staying full: Ketogenic diets control your hunger by keeping your stomach fuller for a longer period. This occurs due to changes in hormones like ghrelin and leptin that are responsible for making you hungry.
- Stimulates burning of fat: Published studies show that ketogenic diets assist you in burning fat while you are resting. The fat-burning process enhances exercise, rest, daily activity, etc.
- Gluconeogenesis: Gluconeogenesis is a metabolic process to convert proteins and fats into carbohydrates. A ketogenic diet promotes this process thereby, burning additional calories every day.
How does a Ketogenic diet impact fat burn?
The basis of the mechanism of a keto diet is that you deprive your body of glucose. It is the energy source for all cells. Ketones are produced in the liver from stored fat as an alternative fuel. Therefore, fats are being burned down in your liver to produce ketones.
You will begin losing weight when your body burns fat fuel as an energy source. Keto has been quite effective in targeting stubborn belly fat areas. Accumulation of ketone bodies in your blood is known as ketosis. Pay attention that excessive accumulation of ketone bodies in the blood can dangerously increase the acid level resulting in ketoacidosis.
How can I follow a Ketogenic Diet?
Consider eliminating carbs from your diet. Keep an eye on food labels and aim for less than 20 to 50 grams of carbs per day. Opt for vegetables as fat sources are full of calories. You can keep yourself fuller with the intake of low-carb veggies.
Vegetables will also provide you with the required fiber, as you will not be getting enough fiber from legumes, beans, and grains. Go for new staples in your diet like cheese, meat, nuts, eggs, avocados, oily fish, nuts, cream, etc.
Experiment with your diet to make your weight loss journey delicious and mouth-savoring. Try making ketogenic pasta, muffins, bread, ice cream, brownies, and puddings. Keep on exploring until you find the diet you crave.
Ensure that you are consuming enough water and electrolytes that are needed by your body, like magnesium, potassium, and sodium. Other than this you might also keep a check on ketone levels in your blood or urine to know if you can achieve ketosis or not.
Should you go for a Keto Diet?
A single diet doesn’t need to be suitable for everyone. The diet can depend on factors like metabolism, genes, taste buds, lifestyle, personal preferences, and body types, etc. When you begin the diet, you might experience flu-like symptoms, it is known as keto-flu.
Keto diets are highly beneficial for people who have a high risk of developing metabolic disorders and have obesity.
Keto diet is not suitable for people with these conditions: Liver failure, carnitine deficiency, pancreatitis, porphyrias, fat metabolism disorders, pyruvate kinase deficiency.
Consider seeking medical advice before switching to a keto diet or trying any supplements. There are multiple Kegenix reviews out there, offering valuable insight on how the supplement called Kegenix can assist you to begin ketosis effectively.
Keep Burning The Fat Off
Keto alone cannot assist in burning a large amount of fat accumulation. Ketogenic diets can work efficiently when paired up with high-intensity interval training exercises. A well-formulated ketogenic regimen has robust, anti-inflammatory effects that assist in the efficient burning of stubborn fat. Make sure to seek medical advice before beginning with a diet or exercise routine.