Wedding costs feel exorbitant when you’re on a budget, but that doesn’t mean your special day can’t still be perfect. You may be wondering how you can plan your wedding on a small budget; it’s actually not as complicated as you might think! Here are some tips to help you get started.
Step 1: Create a budget and decide how you’ll pay for things
Start by creating a budget and figuring out which expenses are mandatory and which you can leave for later. For example, you may want to rent a venue but decide not to buy any wedding supplies or hire professional photographers. Or, you might opt for a DIY approach and purchase all of your supplies yourself.
Once you have your budget in mind, it will be easier to determine how much money you have available to spend on your wedding. Some couples opt to create a dedicated savings account if their wedding date is a few years away, while others prefer to use wedding loans if they want to get married sooner than that.
Step 2: Make a list of your wedding essentials
Once you have your budget in mind, it’s time to make a list of the essential items you’ll need for your wedding. These items might include:
- Venue: This is one of the most significant expenses you’ll face, so start by searching for venues that fit within your budget. You may also want to consider renting or purchasing a venue through an online registry service.
- Wedding Supplies: This includes everything from flowers to party favors. Remember that you can often find great deals on wedding supplies by shopping at local stores or online retailers.
- Photography: If you’re interested in having professional photography captured during your wedding day, add this expense to your budget. Couples with small budgets may ask a friend to be their photographer or leave disposable cameras at the reception for guests to use to help capture your wedding day festivities.
- Airfare: If you’re hoping to have your wedding outside of the state, include airfare in your wedding budget. When you’re on a tight budget, it might be more cost-effective to have your wedding at an easily drivable location for yourself and your guests.
- Guest List: It’s essential to keep track of who is invited to your wedding and how much it will cost you to accommodate them. You may also want to consider hiring a Wedding Coordinator to help with this process.
- Food and drinks: This category can be a bit more expensive than other wedding costs, so factor this into your budget. If you’re on a tight budget, consider making your reception a potluck or ask guests to BYOB.
Step 3: Research different deals and discounts
One of the best ways to save money on your wedding is to research different deals and discounts that are available. This can include looking for discounts offered by local businesses, searching for wedding registry services that offer special discounts, or contacting wedding planners in your area to see if they have any special deals or offers available.
Step 4: Ask friends and family to help subsidize the cost of your wedding
One easy way to save money on your wedding is to ask friends and family to help subsidize the cost of your wedding as their gift to you. This can include contributing money towards the cost of the wedding venue, flowers, photography, or catering services.
The bottom line
Planning your wedding on a small budget can be done, but it takes some effort. Follow these tips, and you’ll be well on your way to having a beautiful, affordable wedding!