Pull down kitchen faucets are getting popular day by day. Easy installation and durability have made it so popular among the customers. Therefore, pull down kitchen faucets have many more features than the other traditional old faucets in the kitchen.
They are much more durable than others are but not any faucets are going to serve a lifetime. In its lifespan, it may face any problems. In case of repairing or buying any problematic parts, firstly you have to know the part’s name and functions. Without knowing them, you would not be able to buy them.
As they pull down kitchen faucets serve many functions so they also contain a combination of many parts. Some of them are complex in function and some of them are very simple.
Let’s have look at a standard pull down kitchen faucets parts:
Commonly used parts
- Spout kit: Spout kit is normally the upper body region of the faucet. That portion ensures the water supply in the sink. It’s a narrow curved and long body of stainless steel or ceramic or plastic.
- Aerator: Aerator plays a role in controlling the water flow. It allows water to flow or to spray. An aerator is placed at the output panel of the spout kit.
- Spout nut: Spout nut is the base portion of the spout kit. It connects the spout kit with the base and provides support.
- Clip: The clip is a short metal body. Placed under the spout nut.
- Spout O-ring: It is an O shaped rubber ring.
- Spray and hose: Spray and hose part contains a sprayer head with a long hose.
- Spray holder: spray and hose part is just connected at the end of the spray holder. Spray holder has a long waterline connected with the mainline. This part allows flowing water to the sprayer head.
- Index button (hot water): Pushing this index button will allow flowing hot water.
- Index button (cold water): Pushing this button will allow flowing cold water.
- Handle screw: It is so simple at function. It holds the lever handle.
- Lever handle: lever handle allows to turn on or turn off the water flow.
- Handle base: Lever handle remains connected with the handle base.
- Handle adapter.
- Diverter: Diverter is a broad head part with a narrow end. Positioned between the O-ring and the deck.
- Adapter: To control water pressure.
- Cartridge: Cartridge is a series of seals that prevent water from licking from the lever.
- Putty plate: Putty plate acts as the main holder or base of all the things. It is a flat structure.
- Spray cap: Spray cap is situated under the deck and connects with the spout kit.
- Mounting nut: This part is a nut that is placed under the putty plate and helps to hold the upper body. It provides strength.
- Supply nut: Supply nut is connected under the mounting nut and connected with the putty plate structure.
Things to remember
Therefore, we know that there are many models are present in the market. Moreover, each model has its own unique design. As a result, most of the faucet parts are not similar to another one. In that case, you should find the model number of your faucet and order the suitable parts. Thus, you have already know the parts name.
Good Deck parts and spout parts will make your faucet more durable. Do not buy cheap build quality parts for them. Just research the market and buy these items. Otherwise, you have to repair your faucet after a few days.
A kitchen faucet is not the material that you buy every day. We want a durable faucet in our kitchen. However, they need to be repaired sometimes but that is not so frequently. If you buy an unknown manufacturer’s faucet, after using 3-4 years you will suffer to find out the faucet parts into the market.
To avoid this problem, you should buy a popular manufacturer’s product as their products are available and the company is not going to shut down too early. This will help to save your money if the faucet is in repairable condition.
In the case of buying faucet parts, firstly, you should go to the company showroom. That will ensure the originality of the product at a reasonable price.