Historically men and women associated with the word fashion mostly in terms of a formal setting. It would either have to be a party or a brunch that needed them to dress fashionably. With the evolving day and age, one can find themselves living and breathing fashion all day every day. In a more contemporary world, street style fashion is evolving. It is a more comfortable and adaptive fashion that one could carry around all day. It is easily curated and is a specific fashion statement in 2019.
Here are 5 elements in street style fashion:
- Abstract prints and designs: One of the most important elements in street style fashion are the use of abstract designs and prints. In early 2000, fashion included working with basic colors like black and white and solid prints but 2019 paved way for the funky and fun combinations. One can always find an element of surprise in abstract prints and designs. Fashion show halts like Milan and Paris curate great designs every year from famous designers that mostly work on abstract designs and prints. Stripes, squares, box cuts are all notable elements of street style fashion. They are not only fashionable but also give you the edgy look.
- The sexy nose-ring: If you are not someone who wants feels confident flaunting abstract prints and yet want to have that edgy element in your outfit, a nose-ring can work wonders. A single diamond nose pin can go all the way. You can pair it up with your sleeveless tee as flawlessly as you can with your jardosi kurta. If owning a diamond is too difficult for you, you can always have unique nose rings to rock with your outfits.
- Bright colors: Street style is all about fun. It is a common misconception that one can not wear bright colors in street style fashion. The motive is to pair two bright and bold colors like red and green, yellow and pink together to create the biker girl look. The 1920s and 1980s can also help you create your own style under the street style catalog.
- The basic black: Black fits all outfits well. You can pair your silver jewelry with black dresses in both Indian, Western and ethnic wear. You can also add a gothic vibe to it and create a look of your own. Apart from this, black or other shades closer to black gives you the hipster vibe if you really want to face the street style. Black outfits are always alluring and can never go out of fashion.
- Trending haircuts: If you are someone who wants to embrace the street style by full length then keeping it casual and yet nonchalance is an important part. A pixie hair cut or a Mohawk could just give you the extra attention that you deserve. If cutting your hair short causes you to dread looking in the mirror, a great option could be fashionable hairstyles. A fishtail braid or a messy bun is all you need to keep it going.
Often people are in the illusion that street style would mean dressing up like hipsters. This is a myth. Anything and everything that falls under the niche of casual is a street style. The goal here is to keep it cozy and comfortable.